Total dentures would be the most frequent restoration employed for patients missing all of their natural teeth. The only other option to a complete removable denture is a dental implant-supported prosthesis. Although removable dentures are usually the most affordable option for tooth replacement, they may be inconvenient and uncomfortable. Read about 10 reasons to select dental implants; there are several more. You might ask, “Can there be an option that’s similar to dentures, but better?”
Dental implants are an alternative to consider!
A dental implant is a small man-made titanium fixture that functions as a substitute for the root portion of a missing natural tooth. Titanium is used since it is compatible with all our bodies. The dental implant is put in the bone of the upper or lower jaw and serves as an anchor for the replacement tooth.
1) Improved Appearance: Dental implant-supported prostheses are more natural than removable dentures in look and more attractive. They look and feel like natural teeth. Since implants fuse to bone, the prosthesis is permanent and non-removable.
2) Increased Confidence: Removable dentures become loose and can rock and cause embarrassment for the wearer. With all the dental implant prosthesis, someone can feel confident that teeth will not move. All typical activities can be done without fear of humiliation.
3) Comfort and Convenience: Removable dentures may cause sore spots in the mouth under the denture. Having a dental implant-supported prosthesis there are not any sore spots. Removable dentures may be inconvenient because they need removal at nighttime and for cleanup. They require messy adhesives. Patients with dental implants do not encounter these awkward conditions.
4) Durability: Implants have a high rate of success and durability. The last several decades. With great care, implants can last a lifetime.
5) Enriched Eating: Removable dentures can slide through eating and make eating a complicated and unhappy activity. The ability to chew foods improves dramatically with dental implants. While removable dentures are only 20% to 25% as efficient as a person’s natural teeth, implant-supported prostheses are 80% as efficient. A prosthesis supported by dental implants functions like natural teeth making ingesting a fun and effortless experience.
6) Improved Flavor: A whole upper removable denture covers the roof of their mouth. Food is more challenging to taste and enjoy. With an implant-supported prosthesis, the roof of the mouth is not covered and food could be eaten completely.
7) Increased Nutrition and Health: Many foods can’t be eaten with removable dentures. With an implant-supported prosthesis, individuals can consume a varied, healthful diet that contains all essential food groups for enhanced nutrition. Chewy and crunchy foods such as carrots, lettuce, and apples can be added to the diet.
8) Increased Speech: Removable dentures can make talking sound garbled. The teeth may slip within the mouth causing mumbling or slurring of words. With dental implants, regular speech is generally not a problem and patients may feel assured that the teeth will not slide during the conversation.
9) Reduced Chance of reduction: Removable dentures are readily lost. Dental implant-supported prostheses can’t be eliminated and misplaced.
10) Bone Development: One of the most devastating issues for patients wearing removable dentures is the loss of bone that occurs over time. Gradually removable dentures become more challenging to wear because of this bone loss. The ridge gradually wears away providing less and less ridge to support the denture. Dental implants act just like natural teeth and aid in bone stimulation and development. Know more about teeth in a day dental procedure here.
With a high speed of long-term success, greater comfort, and improved quality of life, dental implants will be the ideal selection for many individuals of all ages. For more information about dental implants visit Pi Dental Center.